50% of students who begin a PhD program drop out before graduation. 43% of doctoral students indicate that they experience more stress than they can handle.
We help young researchers successfully navigate school so they never reach a point of crisis.
Bringing Life Saving Resources to CERN
On October 3rd 2015 Repak combined a tour of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and spoke for the “Quality of Life Committee” on the topic of Balance, Managing Stress and Identifying Warning Signs of Severe Depression. One student acknowledged the personal pressures and stated that she would fear for her job if she had to ask for a day off to recover from stress. “There would be 3 others ready to take my position.” –Nick Repak
Articles and Resources:
- The Doctoral Student Survival Guide
- Balancing Life Through Purpose
- Emotional Fatigue: Coping with Academic Pressure
- Financial Pressures for Doctoral Students
- How Can I Tell if It’s Clinical Depression?
- Time Management
- The Professor/Doctoral Student Relationship
- Cultivating the Community of Scholars
- Finding PhD Camaraderie